Pages

Sunday, June 19, 2011

The Parsonage


The Parsonage on North Park and Cook
April 1, 2009
*****
http://fernwoodcoffee.com/


This place came highly recommended, and although I had a bit of a time finding it (I didn't have exact directions), it turned out to be a charming, crowded place.  It is a the upfront store of Fernwood Coffee, and they roast their own coffee.  They serve vegetarian food, and although I didn't try any, it looked good. It was very crowded so I shared the table with a nice young woman who is studying 'signing'.   I was a bit disappointed in the coffee - it was a bit thin.  I am still ordering the ordinary coffee and am thinking I should upgrade to something else.  A real mixed bag of people dropping in here - students, professionals, oldies.

Update February 2010
Miserable day today, and I am craving coffee, so I stopped by here to give it another chance.  This time I ordered an Americano, and it was fabulous.  I will definitely return.  Lesson learned.  Stay away from the 'Cafe ordinaire'.  WIth all this coffee-ing I guess I have refined my taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment