Pages

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Kadalima's Pattisserie


Kadalima's Patisserie, Oak Bay near Foul Bay. 
March 3, 2009

I hit gold!!  They make the most fabulous ginger biscotti I have ever tasted.  Kadalima's is patisserie, so it is to be expected.  What I am learning, is that Americano's in patisseries always seem to use Illy coffee, in very small Italian style cups, and is quite expensive for the amount you get... but ohhhh so good.  All their pastries are marvelous.  I have sampled quite a few over the years.  For a change, they are all as good as they look.  Not something I can say about most bakery baked goods.  I love it that Kadalima's is only a couple of blocks from where I live.  They also have an outdoor patio, so when it warms up, I can come here with Zoe the Wonder Dog (ZTWD)

Update, June, 2011
Unfortunately this wonderful  place has gone.  It disappeared overnight, and has not emerged anywhere I know of.  Too bad.  I loved their pastries.  Turns out they weren't paying their rent.  There's a butcher shop there now....sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment