Pages

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Fiddleheads



Another favorite of the season  to enjoy are fiddleheads, last night when I was preparing supper we
decided to use up the rest of the fiddleheads in the freezer.  We cook them
from frozen putting them in microwave on defrost for 10-15 minutes and then cook for a few minutes.
They keep their color nicely and taste delicious with vinegar and butter......

My first experience with fiddleheads came when we lived in Woodstock NB, neither Malcolm nor
I had tasted them before and friends thought it was a good idea to go pick them but did not tell us
how to remove those little brown specks on each one.  Someone told me to put them in the dryer and
the little brown specks would be gone.  Oh I tried it and yes I had brown specks all over our clothes
for months.  Guess they didn't think I would be that stupid but a young gal of 21 does those stupid
things. lol

Anyway, its a rainy day and I put together my first strawberry rubarb pies, they look good so hope
they taste good as well.

A little humor for the day I got from a friend


A few final puns
They told me I had type-A blood, but it was a Type-O.
PMS jokes aren't funny; period.
I didn't like my beard at first. Then it grew on me.
Did you hear about the cross-eyed teacher who lost her job because she couldn't control her pupils?
When you get a bladder infection urine trouble.
I tried to catch some fog, but I mist.
What do you call a dinosaur with an extensive vocabulary? A thesaurus.
I used to be a banker, but then I lost interest.
I dropped out of communism class because of lousy Marx.
All the toilets in New York's police stations have been stolen. The police have nothing to go on.
I got a job at a bakery because I kneaded dough.
Velcro - what a rip off!
A cartoonist was found dead in his home. Details are sketchy.
The earthquake in Washington obviously was the government's fault.
and my favourite ....Broken pencils are pointless.

No comments:

Post a Comment